I am starting this blog as a semester long project for a class I am taking. Will I continue it beyond that? I'm not sure. As I go through the two syllabuses I have for the courses I'm in, I can't help but feel very overwhelmed. I wonder if I made the right choice, or if am I going in over my head by signing up for 3 classes when I have other obligations in life. Despite that, I am excited about this new journey. I was talking to my oldest daughter a few weeks ago about life goals, and she asked what I had wanted to be when I was her age. I told her I wanted to be a lawyer, but as a call center representative I was far from what I had aspired to be as a teenager. I decided to enroll into CSN's paralegal program shortly after that conversation.
For now, I am waiting for Saturday to come around and see what a live-remote class is like. I like the idea of not having to leave the house to go to class, but am also not a big fan of being on webcam. Meanwhile, I am trying get all the tasks in A1 and A2 completed before our first class. After this blog post, I will probably take a look at Cengage to see what that is all about. I am a little confused with how it works, but hoping to get some clarity on Saturday.
Where there is a will, there is a way!
ReplyDeleteYou will find a balance between your obligations in life and lead your daughter by example by succeeding :-)
One week at a time, one week at a time ^_^
I feel your pain. I am also taking three courses this semester. I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm already a bit overwhelmed and I wonder how I handled all of this straight out of high school. If you ever need a study buddy or just wanna vent I'm here for you. You got this!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAt first I felt the same way too about being overwhelmed with all of my responsibilities but then I realized that its only the first week. In any scenario it always seems really hard in the beginning and even impossible until we get into a type of flow. You got this Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteI've signed up for 3 classes in the beginning of this semester as well. However, due to financial issues and other obligations in life, I chose to drop one class since I found it too overwhelming to fit it within my schedule at the moment . Nonetheless, keep your drive moving forward no matter how long it'll take you to reach your destination :)
ReplyDeleteI fully understand what your going through. Setting everything up for the class like the emails, blog, Cengage, etc., were all overwhelming for me, but i knew from that point on, IS101 will flow very well. Keep on pushing, your motivation is your daughter. The both of you will be proud when all your hard work is completed.
ReplyDeleteChildren are our purest form of motivation. I can relate to the overwhelming feelings of starting college, I was lost on the simplest question from the Bonus quiz. It might be a struggle, but it will be a beautiful struggle come graduation day.
ReplyDeleteThe wonderful thing about blogging is that it could certainly be cathartic for the mind. You are free to express your thoughts and write about anything and everything. I would use this opportunity to address your feelings of overwhelmingness. Much like yourself, I also have a job and I am taking a full-course load in academic work (4 classes). I am confident that this course will prepare you in your studies for a paralegal certification, especially gaining the practical skills of Microsoft Office.
ReplyDeleteStay confident and reach out to me if you ever need a colleague for advice :-)
I find it so inspiring that your conversation with your daughter motivated you to come back to school. My mom was a teacher for 20 years before she had me and I always felt so proud of her for valuing education like she did. I hope one day my future kids get to see me pursue more education and I get to make them proud too. It will definitely be difficult to balance everything but you can do it!
ReplyDeleteI felt the same the first week , when you're feeling overwhelmed just remember your motivation. Im sure it'll get easier once you find your flow of how things work. Good luck with your classes.
ReplyDeleteIt good to see that you value your education so much, but also that your daughter fines so much value in it too. Keep up the hard work and your goals will come threw.
ReplyDeleteHello Stephanie, I hope you are doing fine with dealing with all your classes! I had the same feeling when I first started too, so I know how you feel. Don't worry, I know that things will turn out for the better if we try.
ReplyDelete